Thursday, September 4, 2014

Why SNHU? Why Teach?


A favorite quote of mine states "Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch." I knew growing up I wanted to do more and be more than the average person I wanted to make a difference in life and change the world a little at a time. When I was younger I contemplated being a doctor because they heal and save lives, then maybe a lawyer to defend the weak and change the face of law but I just couldn't see myself doing either of those professions everyday for the rest of my life. When I got older I realized I wanted to teach, I knew by being a teacher I could change a child's life everyday and help change the future one student at a time. Not only would I teach but I would also learn something new from my students every single day which if you think about it is priceless. I know by being a teacher I will never have a boring day and I will never wake up in the morning dreading going to work. So I started on my journey to becoming a teacher, first thing was choosing a college that would make me the best possible teacher I could be. I had heard that SNHU had a great teaching program along with many other schools. So junior year I attended countless college tours and took a bunch of college prep courses, I wanted to be prepared for college and my future profession. Coming up on senior year I finally narrowed down my choices of schools to attend in that list was SNHU.  Ultimately I based my decision off of not only where I would get the best education to prepare me for the "real world" but also a place where i felt a sense of community and somewhere I knew I could excel. So in Fall of 2013 I joined SNHU class of 2017 and so far I have not regretted a single second of my time here at snhu. I have loved every education class I have taken and have learned more than I could have ever imagined through snhus gen ed program. My eyes have been opened to a whole new world that I had previously been sheltered from. I am so excited to see what my next three years at snhu will entail I plan to make the most out of my time here and to expand my mind and most importantly learn. So here I am writing my first blog post for my EDU 235 class, I’m excited to learn the secrets of technology when it comes to teaching. So that’s why I teach and why I’m at snhu. 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Jayna!

    I enjoyed reading your blog on your journey to SNHU. The quote that you started off with is such an inspirational quote and feel that it fit perfectly with this blog! It is awesome to hear that you have enjoyed your classes here at SNHU here so far. As a senior in college now, I look back and realize how much I enjoyed every single class here and I hope you do to when you get to your senior year.

    I look forward to working with you this semester in EDU 235!

    -Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jayna,

    This is a great post! I've had a couple of classes with you and your dedication to your education is evident. You're great in class and I'm glad that you chose to teach. I think it's awesome that you put so much thought into your future. I'm sure that a lot of people just jump into a decision and hope for the best. Your thoughtfulness will benefit you greatly in life.

    Best,
    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was very interesting to see what professions you were thinking about prior to becoming an educator. I liked to hear about your journey of why you decided to become a teacher and why you chose SNHU.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jayna,

    Great job blogging about your journey to and through SNHU! You have such a great outlook on what you want with your education and I think that if you are able to put your mind to it, you can do it. I hope that you are able to continue on loving SNHU and one day be the teacher you strive to be!

    -Allie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jayna,
    What a great introduction! I feel like our paths to education are very similar; both in the way we grew up at students and also in regards to our windy paths towards education. I always debated teaching and finally I realized I needed to go for it. Its obvious that your a dedicated person and I can only imagine that you'll have lots of success as a future educator.

    ReplyDelete